Skip navigation


I’ve been tinkering with full narrowband on and off for ages, but never managed to get anything resembling an image. I don’t know if it’s just now that I’ve moved to a 100mm scope, but things seem to be falling into place now.

So here is my first ever full narrowband image, to say I’m chuffed with this would be an understatement. There’s still a lot of bits to figure out mind you, like purple haloing and the purple sky background. I might add another hour each to OIII and SII to see if I can get it a bit smoother. I had to download a trial of Photoshop CS5 to tweak the colour as I couldn’t find a way to do it in PixInsight, so it might be worth buying just for final tweaking. I’ve added the Hα only in as well.

Camera: Atik 383L+ Mono with Baader 1.25″ Hα / OIII / SII
Scope: Borg 101EDII with 0.85x Reducer @ F5.3
Mount: EQ6 with EQMOD
Guiding: Orion ST80 with QHY5
Capture Software: CCD Commander, Maxim DL
Processing Software: Deep Sky Stacker, PixInsight, Photoshop CS5
Exposures: 9 x 10 mins (Hα), 6 x 10 mins (OIII), 9 x 10 mins (SII)
Calibration: 25 x Bias, Flats, Darks

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: